RDP default port number
The Windows server rdp default port number is 33389.
Change the Remote Desktop Connection port to your Windows Server
- Connect to your server via Remote Desktop
- Click simultaneously on the Windows logo + R to open the “Run” dialog and execute the “cmd” command
- Open the registry editor by typing the “regedit” command
- Search for this registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber
- Double-click or right-click on the “PortNumber” registry subkey, select the decimal base and type the port number of your choice (the default port is 3389, in this example, we selected port 3390). Click on “Ok” to save your selection.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure that remote access to your server through the new port is authorized in your Windows firewall before executing the next step.
- Exit the registry editor
- Restart your server