1. Open your outlook or Outlook Express or Windows Mail 2. Click on Tools Menu, select Account Settings
3. Click “New” in the window that opens
4. Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP from the screen shown below and click next
5. Select the checkbox “Manually configure server settings or additional server types as soon in the screen below and click Next.
6. Select Internet E-mail and click Next
7. Enter Details in the "Add New Email Account screen - enter name, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), password
8. Click “More Settings” button and click “Outgoing Server” tab as shown below and make sure you select ‘My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
9. Click on Advanced tab and enter values based on your IMAP/POP3 selection.
Note: POP3 and IMAP are two different protocols (methods) used to access email.
Of the two, IMAP is the better option - and the recommended option - when you need to check your emails from multiple devices, such as a work laptop, a home computer, or a tablet, smartphone, or other mobile devices. Tap into your synced (updated) account from any device with IMAP.
POP3 downloads email from a server to a single computer, then deletes it from the server. Because your messages get downloaded to a single computer or device and then deleted from the server, it can appear that email is missing or disappearing from your Inbox if you try to check your email from a different computer.
You can choose either POP3 or IMAP as per your requirement.
IMAP uses port 143, but SSL/TLS encrypted IMAP uses port 993.
POP uses port 110, but SSL/TLS encrypted POP uses port 995.
SMTP uses port 25, but SSL/TLS encrypted SMTP uses port 465.However, SMTP was originally designed for transfer, not submission. So yet another port (587) was defined for message submission.
10. Click on the Test Account Settings button, you should see two tasks completed successfully if your configurations are correct.
11. Click Close, and click Next and Finish.
If you still have difficulties receiving and sending emails, please send us an email to email@example.com